Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 1 Down on to Day 2

Yesterday was my first day on the Dukan Diet.  I must say it was a complete success!  I have discovered that one of the "emotional eating" problems I have is that I eat when I am bored.  I struggled internally with not having a purpose in life.  I think that as a stay at home mom with kids in school that I have more free time than I know what to do with.  As part of the diet I have decided that I need to make sure my time is filled with productive, fulfilling activities.  So I volunteered to make some posters for Ms. Reid for the Art Fair, I am planning a bike ride for the first time in who knows when, I took Brinkley for a walk/run by myself, and I have a few other things on my To-Do list. 

Yesterday it was easy to follow the all protein diet.  I ate throughout the day whenever I was hungry but was proud of myself for surviving a lunchtime gala meeting at Mellow Mushroom.  I packed myself some lunchmeat and yogurt but then was satisfied with a Diet Coke during the meeting. 

For dinner John and I had a milk smoothie, pancake and pork chop for dinner.  It was a very satisfying dinner and we were able to go up to bed after working on the posters.  That was his idea so that we would not be tempted to fall into our normal patterns of drinking beer and eating after the kids are in bed.  It was fairly simple for me to shop for food yesterday, as I was able to pass by most of the carb-laden selections that would normally fill my cart.   I am starting to research the next phase of the diet, the Cruise phase, and I know that I will be looking forward to adding some veggies into my diet come Sunday or Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would post my menu for future reference:

    B: Fiber One Yogurt with Fish Oil Additive, Ham Slices
    L: Sliced Turkey and Ham, Yoplait Yogurt, Diet Coke
    D: Dukan Oat Bran Pancake, Skim Milk Smoothie (milk, ice, vanilla yogurt, splenda, instant coffee - all in the blender), Pork chop in the cast iron skillet, with paprika and other seasonings.
    Exercise: walk 2 miles

    Tuesday Menu:
    B: Yoplair Raspberry Cheesecake Light Yogurt with Fish Oil Additive
    1 Egg Omelet with Grilled chicken, ham cubes, and 2 slices Fat Free American Cheese. A few sprinkles of parsley
    Coffee with FF Half and Half
    1/2 c. Cottage Cheese

    Already I am making some compromises. The coffee is essential and I cannot stand it with Skim Milk, so I went out and got the FF Half and Half. I don't really like eggs either but the FF Cheese was just enough to hold it all together and the carbs and calories were really low. I will put the rest of the day in here but of course there may be some changes and additions.

    L: Diet Root Beer
    Lunch meat roll-ups
    Yogurt or Cottage Cheese

    D: Curry chicken
    Pancake
    Milk

    ReplyDelete