Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 4 Menu

My little guy woke up this morning with a sore throat and we are just getting over strep throat so this has me a little freaked out.  We need to replace his toothbrushes and get serious about getting this OUT of our house.  Diabetes and infections do not always mix well.

With that being said, DH rose to the occasion and went into work late so I could still get in my walk.  Did 2 miles and back by 8:30 so he could go into work.  I must say this diet is a little better with both of us doing it.  And it seems right up his alley because he has always joked that he is a "meat-atarian."  I think both of us are seeing how carbs were such a part of our lives before.  ALCOHOL, sweets, pancakes for a special occasion breakfast, sandwiches, chips, you name it.  If nothing else this attack phase has brought me to a heightened awareness of how unhealthy my diet was before. 

On a happy not, I am down 10 pounds since last Tuesday, May 3rd.  That was the day after I saw Dr. Oz, and started eating sensibly for a week.  This was so I could clear out the fridge and begin research on the Dukan Diet.  Today I weighed in at 225.  It is inspriring to see that scale move after so long at the same awful number. 

We are leaving for Vancouver to embark on an Alaskan Cruise June 8, so that is my short term deadline to see how far I can get.  Long term the ideal weight finder on the Dukan Site says I can be at my goal weight of 175 by November if I stick with it.  I think I may have to do another attack phase after the cruise but we shall see. 

So today's plan is thus:

B:  Fiber One Vanilla with Fish Oil additive
2 Slices Turkey Bacon
Snack: 2 Pieces Jerk Tenderloin Chicken
L:Leftover Pot Roast
Cottage Cheese
Snack: Hot Tea & Pink Cheesecake Cupcake if I get around to making them
D: Baked Turkey Meatballs
Snack:  Skim Milk Smoothie

If I can get up to whole foods I'd like to find some sugar free ketchup.  I have a great barbeque pulled pork recipe that involves ketchup and a diet coke thrown in the crock pot with the lean pork tenderloin that would be good on this diet.  Maybe I can bribe Cooper into coming up there with me if I dangle lunch out as an incentive.  Hmmm, bribing a child with food...wonder if this is why we American have such a relationship with it.  Will have to ponder that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment