Friday, May 6, 2011

Locks of Love

Today Cooper was home sick from school.  I took him to the Doctor since now that he has diabetes, he is at increased risk of high blood sugars and ketones when ill.  He definitely has strep and started his antibiotics today.  HE will have to miss the Hembree celebration because he is considered contagious.  I am trying not to focus on how fun it is going to be. 

I picked Nan up from school and we headed up to Great Clips where you get a free haircut if you are donating to Locks of Love.  I asked Nan on the way in if she really knew what Lock of Love was and she was able to clearly put into words why she wanted to do it.  She remembered Ms. Ericka being bald from her chemo and wanted to give her hair to make wigs for people who lost their hair.  What a mature young lady.

I looked at my food diary and realized that I had forgotten to write in it since yesterday.  I went back and remembered for the most part what I had eaten at Book Club.  Chips.  Carbs.  Dessert.  I did manage to keep the quantities in check though.  Once I start Dukan next week I will have to either bring food with me or eat a strong meal before I go.  I am starting to put together my meal plan for next week.  A week of meat.  I hope I can do it.  I think I can.  From what I understand there will be some headaches, bad breath, and digestive issues, but it will all be worth it if I can lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment